Thursday, December 20, 2007

Terry - Eboue deserved red

John Terry has revealed he was 'convinced' he had broken a bone in his foot in the challenge he feels should have brought a red card for Emmanuel Eboue.

The Chelsea captain suffered the injury during the first half of his side's 1-0 defeat at Arsenal on Sunday and it was initially thought nothing was broken.

Blues boss Avram Grant believed the defender may have hurt ligaments before a further X-ray showed up a broken metatarsal.

Terry expects to be out for up to six weeks and he was unhappy with the tackle by Eboue, which brought a yellow card for the Ivory Coast international.

Studs in

"I've broken the third metatarsal in my foot and reckon I'll be out four to six weeks," wrote Terry in his programme notes for Chelsea's Carling Cup quarter-final tie with Liverpool.

"Tackles have to be made in this game, and especially in a top-of-the-table clash like Sunday's at Arsenal, and I had to make the tackle on Eboue. I felt he left his studs in there and it should have been a sending-off.

"I thought straight away I'd broken something. That's how it felt. Even when the X-ray didn't show up anything on the day, I was convinced there was a break.


"So now I just get on with working hard to get fit again, come back as soon as possible once more and make more tackles."

Source:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2992388,00.html

No comments: