Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Baggies without Kiely for three weeks

West Bromwich Albion will be without former Ireland goalkeeper Dean Kiely for up to three weeks after the veteran netminder fractured his toe.

Kiely has been ever-present for the Baggies this season but sat out Saturday’s win at Leicester City having been diagnosed with the injury.

The 37-year-old could miss as many as six games during the busy Christmas period.

He said: “I injured my little toe and the x-rays have revealed that it is broken. So I now have to just let it heal for a week and allow the bone to fuse back together, which will be frustrating.

“If it hadn’t been broken I could have just played through it, got on with things and stayed in the team, but because it is broken I’ve got no choice but to sit out and wait for it to heal.


“It’s going to be tough because I’ve been lucky throughout my career that most weeks I have been playing first team football for one club or another. But in these circumstances I don’t really have any choice.”

Source: http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=30317

No comments: